Friday, March 21, 2008

Spring

Hooray, it’s spring! I love this time of year. Gardeners are preparing their soil. Trees are starting to bud. Robins are gathering in the trees, and flowers are beginning to bloom. Even if we get a seasonal snow, I know that soon, the crunching sound of cars on icy snow will give way to the hum of lawn mowers and the chatter of birds and squirrels.

I think I’m ready for this spring. In spite of my mantra that women shouldn’t sweat getting older, I must admit I am sweating the big 5-oh, which will hit me in about six weeks. Next week, my daughter is taking me to the hot springs in Buena Vista, Colorado (The locals pronounce it Bewnee). Because she’s on spring break, this is the best time for her to give me an early birthday present. We’ll spend two days hanging out and catching up. I’m looking forward to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I am a public relations and marketing communications consultant with more than 20 years of experience. I love working with clients who are passionate about the services or products they provide their customers. I take my work seriously, but my sense of humor keeps me from letting life get in the way of my perspective and ability to create. My latest mantra: I'm a work in progress.

Blog Archive